The Green Practice, Govan Health Centre
Welcome along to our surgery website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home. You will find various website links throughout our website, we have selected these carefully, however we are not responsible for the content they contain.
Wuhan novel coronavirus
The news on coronavirus continues thick and fast. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared coronavirus a 'public medical health emergency of international concern'. The Chief Medical Officer has upgraded the risk in the UK from low to moderate.
But what does all this mean to the average Briton?
You should take action if:
- You have been to mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau and have symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath within 2 weeks of returning; or
- You have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of coronavirus, even if you feel entirely well.
If either of the above apply to you:
- Stay indoors and avoid all possible contact with other people.
- In Scotland, ring your GP during opening hours and 111 (NHS24) out of hours and advise them of your recent travel or contact.
- Follow their advice and do not leave your home until you been given advice by a clinician.
- Do not use a taxi or public transport if you are advised to go to hospital.
- Do not visit your GP - they do not have facilities in place to isolate you and prevent transmission of the infection to others.
For information from Health Protection Scotland click here
For information from NHS Inform click here
Know Who To Turn To
The Green Practice Travel Health Newsletter - click here.pdf
Transgender Screening in Scotland
For further information please click here
Save Lives Clean Your Hands/How to prevent sepsis - here for further information
Pharmacy First allows patients to access FREE advice and/or treatment for uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections in women for further information see the information below.
Do you have Diabetes?
Regular eye examinations are important, for more information click here
If you believe you may be pregnant we are unable to perform pregnancy testing here in the practice as we are no longer supplied with the kits to do this by GG&C.
We would ask that you purchase a pregnancy kit at any Pharmacy and carry out the test before you make an appointment with the GP or Practice Nurse. Kits are available from as little as a few pounds and are just as accurate as more expensive tests. Alternatively, if you are unable to fund a kit we can send a sample of urine to the lab for testing however results will not be available for 4-5 days.
Prescription Waste Campaign
Together small changes make a big difference to reducing medicine waste and helps look after our NHS. Watch a quick video for more information by clicking here
One Click Away
Convenience doesn’t stop there and you can now access a number of services online. Ordering a repeat prescription, booking an appointment or sending us a comment are both just a click away. And if you’re not yet registered with us you can download the necessary forms too.
Health and Happiness
Our team are dedicated to your continued good health and approach your care with professionalism, discretion and friendliness. You can count on a warm welcome from everyone involved here at the practice.